Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Illustration Friday

This is one face of a six-sided block I collaged while pondering the subject of enough; having enough and not having enough. The sides of the blocks are titled Art, Music, Books,Food,Shelter and Love.
I've had these wooden blocks for quite some time, waiting for me to get to them. I really enjoy working on these multi-sided objects and the interplay between the sides. I like that you can pick them up and turn them around in your hands and that somehow a story evolves. Here are some others that I have done and will have for sale at Urban Art in Minto Park , in Ottawa this Saturday.


6 comments:

Isabel said...

Very cool.

You must be a fast typer now on your manual.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting work, they're different and I like that!!!

Anonymous said...

oooh, i like those very much, tim!! how fun are they, to work on? faboolus!!

thanks for the kudos regarding my little men, i know you can appreciate how challenging they are...but at the same time, they are total joy, aren't they?!

thanks, too, for the visit!

Denise Gallagher said...

Wow!

I would love to experience these for myself. They are beautiful... intriguing...
And you must have had a wonderful time creating them.

Great job!

And thanks so much for your kind comment!

Denise

Solvere volo said...

That's great! I love the idea of the wooden blocks!

Timothy Hunt said...

Thanks for your kind words. I am having fun. And my typing has improved since I took "typing" in grade 9. Yes, we used manual typewriters back then. ;)