Monday, December 14, 2009

The Globe and Mail Project - 90 days of collage


About 10 days ago, I got a phonecall with an offer to have The Globe and Mail delivered free for three months and it arrived on my doorstep this morning, as promised. Initially, I greeted the offer with a well crafted, curmudgeonly skepticism reserved specifically for telemarketers, but since I didn't have to surrender my credit card number, or provide any personal information beyond my delivery address, and the caller assured me that the paper would be cancelled after the three month period without any action on my part, I accepted.

Having the latest news delivered to my door in a form that is digestible over morning coffee is a luxury I have been doing without due to time and budgetary constraints. I love the newspaper, not only for the print, but for a wealth of pictures which are not so precious that I am afraid to cut them up for collage. It has also proved useful for cleaning windows, lining the catbox and creating small, paper mache animals.


To celebrate receiving the paper again, and as a thankyou to Canada's National Newspaper for free fodder, I am embarking on a project where I will post a collage a day for the next 90 days, using images from The Globe and Mail.

Please note that this is a personal project and is not an endorsment of The Globe and Mail newspaper as a product; neither has The Globe and Mail endorsed me or any of the content that may appear in the aforementioned collages. See you in the funny papers.

No comments: